The Monclair Brick
Free Market approaches to reduce taxes in Montclair NJ.
-= Draft =-
Police, Fire, and Public Safety
- Cut budgets for police and fire departments by 50%.
- Reduce police and fire workforce by 50%.
- Bonuses for +50% workforce reduction.
- Local neighborhood corporations can improve security by privately funding gates, private security, etc...
- Eliminate pensions and health insurance for all municipal employees.
- The mayor and council persons shall not receive any payment or compensation.
- Abandon road safety equipment. Disconnect electrical circuits, etc...
- All traffic safety and road equipment will be privately funded by local neighborhood corporations.
- Local neighborhood corporations may maintain roads by private funding.
Sewer, Garbage, etc...
- Garbage removal costs will transfered to individuals or neighborhood corporations.
- Sewer maintenance cost can be funded privately by neighborhood corporations.
- Fee for connection to main sewer system.
- Fee for volume of waste through main sewer system.
Libraries and Public Spaces
- Privatize public libraries.
- Sell public parks to developers.
- Disband the board of education
- Eliminate all taxes for education.
- Privatize schools.
- Parents will pay tuition.
- Parents have the right to home school.
- Parents will pay for textbooks and school supplies.
Note: Parents are directly responsible for the entire costs of raising and educating their children.
Bring on the Friedmanist u(dys)topia